LEADERS IN ENERGY AND ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Foot Anstey leads the field in Energy and Electric Vehicles (EVs) and its energy practice is one of the fastest growing in the UK. We are passionate about providing innovative legal advice to help you achieve your success.
The UK's Energy requirements are high on the government's agenda, with policy under constant review. Pressure from carbon reduction commitments, withdrawal or reduction of renewables subsidies and the emergence of new technology all require a strategic response. Change affects the entire sector from energy companies and new energy projects to industrial and residential developers and consumers.
Our energy and renewables expertise covers the following:
- Project development, funding and M&A of solar, wind and energy storage in the UK and overseas.
- The uses of data in energy applications and energy blockchain.
- Negotiating energy and storage PPAs and aggregation agreements.
- Acting for large energy supply companies on strategic investments and commercial projects.
- Demand side response, data aggregation and technology.
That EVs are the future of UK road transport is now widely accepted. However, there is still plenty of uncertainty about what this future will look like. New infrastructure and grid transformation present huge challenges - as does how to finance these projects. Government, business and individuals have much work to do if the challenges presented by EVs are to be overcome.
Our electric vehicle expertise covers:
- Infrastructure developments, especially co-location with renewable generation and storage.
- Vehicle to Grid and smart charging.
- Financing EV infrastructure projects.
- Payment and CRM systems, technology, software and data analytics.
MEET THE TEAM
Our team is recognised for its specialist expertise and advice in the energy sector. We work exclusively in-sector, for clients ranging from developers and suppliers to investors and lenders - throughout the UK and internationally.
Click HERE to find your Energy team contact
- Advising WElink Group and China Triumph International Engineering Company on a their EPC Contract and associated supply chain contracts (on-shore and off-shore) in relation to a new 220MW solar pv project in the Minbu District of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Advising NEC Energy Solutions on EPC, O&M and ICP contracts for 50MW of storage EFR Projects at Cleator and Glassenbury.
- Advising Pivot Power on its £1.6billion transmission connection battery storage/EV charging project.
- Advising a big six supplier on peer-to-peer energy trading via blockchain.
- Advising an equity-backed Behind the Meter Storage Operator on consumer agreements, supply frameworks and warranties, aggregation and market access agreements, IP, tech and regulatory matters.
- Advising Arenko Group on its energy storage pipeline and route to market, including 41MW project with GE, PPAs and parallel energy supply agreements.
- Advised an energy company under investigation by Ofgem in relation to alleged breach of Capacity Market Rules – Ofgem decided to close the investigation following receipt of the response to the Summary Statement of Initial Findings.
- Advising a solar developer on grid consortium application for large scale (+50MW) connection application and associated documentation and also negotiating with 15 landowners to obtain property rights.
- Advising the award winning Plymouth Energy Community on a multi-phase solar PV project involving the roll out of around 40 Solar PV schemes, including one of the largest rooftop installations in the UK and a 4.1 MW ground mounted installation. The firm established the community benefit company, dealt with the community share offer and prospectus, completed the PPAs, site leases and ancillary agreements and advised on the due diligence and financing including the provision of CLLS Certificates.
- Advising the contracting arm of a 'Big 6' major UK Utility company on a number of large-scale frameworks, distributed energy portfolios and private-wire network solar pv installations in the UK.
- Advised RWEnpower in relation to the Ofgem investigation into the installation of Advanced Meters pursuant to condition 12 of the electricity supply licence.
- Acted for a developer on solar scheme made financially viable by private wire PPA to large utilities company. We negotiated and advised on the private wire agreements.
- Legal advisors to British Renewables on solar and storage development, commercial and procurement matters and its contracting structure, including multi-million pound supply contracts and international trade negotiations (e.g. panels from China, Inverters from Germany, Cabling from Italy).