EnVironmental law and projects
Foot Anstey's Environment team advises clients on a broad range of issues, offering a depth of insight and practical, strategic help that is always focused on clients' commercial objectives.
We advise on effective risk management and provide practical solutions to help you deal with legislative changes and environmental incidents, working collaboratively with regulators to ensure the best possible commercial outcome.
The practice is well known for being part of the NFU legal panel. This relationship has led to us acting for landowners on over 100 solar PV scheme as well as to a large number of instructions dealing with compliance issues in the agricultural sector, including advice on waste, environmental permitting, water law and defending prosecutions for water pollution an waste offences.
We have extensive experience advising on a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious environmental issues, including:
- WEEE, ROHS, packaging waste, permitting and contracts
- Defending prosecutions for waste offences
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme and carbon trading
- Mandatory Carbon Reporting
- Energy efficiency of buildings
- REACH and CLP
- Environmental permitting
- Water use and effluent matters
- Defending prosecutions for water pollution
- Interaction with regulators following the discharge of potentially harmful substances to land
- The environmental implications of sales and purchases of businesses or real estate, including due diligence and contractual negotiation
What our clients say
"They have always provided very good advice and they are timely on the work." Chambers 2016