The SRA Transparency Rules require all regulated law firms, who publish as part of their usual business that they offer certain services, to supply information on the prices they charge for those services. For pricing on other types of work, we can provide an estimate upon request.
We have set out below fee estimates for you based on the most common type of personal immigration applications.
These fees are calculated based on our hourly rates which vary depending on the lawyer assigned to carry out the work. Typically an application will be dealt with by Gemma Robinson, our Associate Solicitor charging £245 per hour. Karen Bates, Partner and Head of our Employment team has overall responsibility for her work and charges £370 per hour.
What are the fees and disbursements involved in a standard application?
|Type of Application||Our Legal Fees||Our estimated timeframe to prepare your application||Home Office standard processing times|
|Tier 1 – Investor visa – Entry Clearance||£15,000 - £20,000 (no VAT)||4-8 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|Tier 1 – Investor visa – Extension||£10,000 - £15,000 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||4- 8 weeks||Within 8 weeks of your application date|
|Start up visa||£10,000 - £15,000 (no VAT)||4- 8 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|Innovator visa||£10,000 - £15,000 (no VAT)||4- 8 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|Tier 2 (General) visa – Entry Clearance||£2,000 - £3,000 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||2- 3 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|Tier 2 (General) – Extension||£2,000 - £2,500 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||2-3 weeks||Within 8 weeks of your application date|
|Tier 2 (ICT) visa – (This includes entry clearance or extension)||£2,000 - £3,000 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||2-3 weeks||Entry clearance - within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre Extension – within 8 weeks of your application date|
|Tier 4 Student Visa (This includes entry clearance or extension)||£2,000 - £3,000 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||2-3 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|Visitor Visa||£1,500 - £2,500 (no VAT)||2 weeks||Within 3 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre|
|EU Settlement Scheme Applications – settled or pre-settled status||£1000 – £2,000 (VAT may be applicable if client is in the UK)||1-2 weeks||Within 5 working days up to 1 month from the date of the application|
The precise cost will depend on the specific circumstances of the matter. Where the application is assessed as relatively straightforward it is likely that our fees will be at the bottom end of the fee estimates provided above. Where there are complicating factors, our fees may reach or in some cases exceed the top end of the above fee estimates. However, fee estimates will always be discussed with you from the start of your instructions. For pricing on other types of work, we can provide a quote upon request.
Disbursements (not included in the costs set out above)
Disbursements are the necessary costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of any disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. For instance:
- Translation fees from an external provider will on average cost between £100 - £160 to translate a 1000 word document but we can obtain a specific quote if we consider this to be necessary.
- Interpreter fees will cost on average between £80 - £120 per hour, depending on the complexity of your case, but we can obtain a separate quote from an external provider if we consider this to be necessary.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical reports. These are not required in many cases; we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses. You will be notified of these additional costs in advance.
The fee estimates quoted above do not include:
- Any Home Office or UKVI fees for making the application. These fees vary depending on the type of application being made and are payable direct to the UKVI at the time of the application.
- Where the UKVI refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any further remedy/appeal against that refusal.
What will the work involve?
Our work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided and, where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence;
- preparing your application, completing the relevant form and submitting it to the Home Office on your behalf; and
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
How long will my application take?
We will normally be able to submit your application within the timeframe indicated at the start of this page, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this. We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. This Information Sheet sets out the current Home Office processing times as at December 2019, however, the current processing times can be found on the Home Office website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decision-waiting-times-applications-outside-the-uk#if-you-want-to-work-or-invest-in-the-uk. A priority service, at additional cost, is available for certain types of applications which will mean a faster decision can be reached.
All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate fee estimate once we have more information about your specific case.