The Solent Freeport: “What’s it all about?”
We are delighted to introduce the first of Foot Anstey's Solent Freeport: "What's it all about?" events, hosted in partnership with Evelyn Partners.
Date & Time Wednesday 27 September 2023 | 09:30 - 11:30
Location Southampton Harbour Hotel, Southampton, SO14 3QT
We are delighted to introduce the first of Foot Anstey's Solent Freeport: "What's it all about?" events, hosted in conjunction with Evelyn Partners. This event is perfect for individuals and businesses looking to take advantage of the opportunities that the Southampton Freeport can offer, including those focused on marine-tech, clean energy and other innovative businesses.
Freeports' are central to UK government's economic policy. They are intended to drive growth, create jobs and reduce emissions as we target 'net zero'. But what does that all mean for you and your business?
We have a fantastic line up of speakers, including the Chair of Solent Freeport, Brian Johnson. They will be covering the following topics:
- What will it look like?
- Will it need to be built or is it already there?
- Are there benefits (or downsides) to:
- the wider local economy?
- How will this all impact my businesses and/or life and how would I get involved if I like what I hear?
- Nicola Sutton, Legal Director at Foot Anstey LLP
- Tim Williamson, Legal Director at Foot Anstey LLP
- Brian Johnson, Chair at Solent Freeport
- Anisa Koci, Project Manager at Portsmouth International Port
- Damon Wright, VAT Director at Evelyn Partners
- Paul Duckworth, Tax Partners at Evelyn Partners
If you're interested, please email our events team at [email protected] to register.