INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE WEALTH
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Provision of pre-immigration tax advice to a family moving to the UK and advice on the Investor Visa application process.
- Advice to the Settlor of a $400m Guernsey trust structure on the implications of him and other beneficiaries becoming UK resident including advice on the remittance rules; providing planning ideas to enable him to access the trust fund as tax efficiently as possible.
- Tax advice to non-domiciled individuals investing in to the UK; particularly real estate structures and the tax treatment of the various holding structure options; liaising with colleagues in Private Wealth (Residential) team concerning property work and about who the ultimate purchaser should be.
- Advising on the restructuring of a number of offshore structures for Russian clients, worth in excess of $1 billion, in anticipation of the introduction of the Deoffshorisation rules.
- Drafting shariah compliant trusts and Wills, including precedent documents for bank clients; advising on the UK tax treatment of shariah compliant financial products (including Ijarah and Diminishing Murabaha).
- Advising our client on a purchase of a French chalet, liaising with the Notaire in France and working with the client's trustees to ensure a tax efficient structure from both a UK and French perspective.