WE HAVE ONE OF THE LARGEST SPECIALIST HEALTHCARE TEAMS IN THE SOUTH WEST
Our dedicated care team of legal experts provides in-depth knowledge and tailored advice to care services operating across the health and social care sector on a national basis.
We provide a wide-ranging support service to independent care providers, from advising on acquisition of a care service business to responding to Care Quality Commission ('CQC') regulatory inspections and commercial disputes.
How we can help
Our Care Team provides specialist advice to front line care providers, charities, NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and the Health and Safety Executive.
We understand the social and economic environment you operate in and the challenges which arise. Our experience in acting for regulators as well as individuals and businesses enables us to provide balanced and insightful advice on the issues facing the health and social care sector.
We offer a full range and depth of expertise on the following legal issues:
- CQC Registration
- Challenging CQC Inspection Reports
- Challenging CQC compliance actions including Warning Notices
- Challenging CQC Cancellation, Suspension and Variation of Conditions Notices
- Managing safeguarding investigations
- Responding to Health & Safety investigations
- Responding to regulatory criminal investigations and prosecutions of individuals and businesses including food hygiene, fire safety, environmental issues such as waste management and allegations of wilful neglect and abuse of service users
- Crisis Management and Reputational Protection
- Advising on Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Mental Health issues
- Coroners' Inquests
- Responding to Professional Disciplinary investigations by Nursing & Midwifery Council and General Medical Council into healthcare professionals fitness to practise
- Advising on recruiting and managing care staff and all employment issues including pensions
- Helping providers to maximise their chances in (and, if necessary, challenge) Local Authority and Clinical Commissioning Group procurements;
- Contract disputes & Dispute Resolution including debt recovery of unpaid care fees
- Drafting Service User Terms & Conditions and general commercial agreements with suppliers and other commercial partners
- Compliance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act duties
- Acquiring or selling a Care Home, independent hospital or children's home
- Care Home Leases, development and planning and property occupation issues
We offer affordable, cost-effective solutions and fixed fees wherever possible as we understand the need for fee certainty. We would be pleased to discuss your business needs and what fee arrangement would work best for you.
We regularly hold mental capacity seminars with guest speakers from both legal and clinical backgrounds to share knowledge in this specialist area of law, where care providers can discuss together the ways in which mental capacity situations can be addressed whilst receiving expert guidance, in particular when dealing with elderly or severely disabled residents.