Your assets are key to your business. It’s vital therefore that you take steps to protect those assets and do what you can to prevent them falling into the wrong hands.
That's easier said than done though. By their very nature, the tactics of fraudsters are constantly evolving and the threats to your business come in various forms, from the theft of software or confidential data by your own employees through to ransomware and phishing scams orchestrated by international criminal syndicates.
Whatever the mechanics though, it all amounts to the same thing: a third party attempting to misappropriate the assets of your business. That's fraud in our book.
And that is where we come in. Drawing on expertise from across the firm, the multi-disciplinary team at Foot Anstey regularly advises its business clients on both preventing and reacting to fraud and data breaches. We have significant experience in dealing with the recovery of a range of assets – from cash and customer lists through to proprietary software and trade secrets – and in taking the necessary action to minimise the consequential damage to the business in question.
Prevention is better than cure and we look first to assist our business clients with mitigating against the risk of asset loss and data breaches. Where a fraud has occurred though, we are able to act with speed and are well versed in obtaining urgent courts orders such as freezing injunctions and search orders. We also work closely with our clients and, where necessary, the media in order to minimise the potential reputational harm that can result from fraudulent conduct.
We understand the emotive nature of fraud and cybercrime and look to address this by providing pragmatic and effective solutions. We always weigh up the respective costs, risks and merits before embarking on any recovery action and are guided at all times by the commercial needs of your business to protect and preserve its assets.
With our help, your business can stay one step ahead of the fraudsters.
We can help you if:
- Your business would benefit from fraud training
- You need to mitigate against the risk of cybercrime or data breaches occurring
- You think your business has been the victim of a fraud or cyber-crime
- You suspect an employee or director has taken money or confidential information
- You need urgent advice on how to react to a fraud or data breach
- You need to consider freezing the perpetrator's assets
- You are worried that your assets have been moved into another jurisdiction
- You need support with regulatory notifications or investigations in response to a data-related fraud or breach
- You think that a third party may have assisted in or facilitated the commission of the fraud
- You are concerned for your reputation as a result of a fraud or data breach
We offer services including
- Asset freezing
- Asset tracing (domestic and international)
- Civil actions
- Cybercrime responses
- Fraud training and policies
- Fraud reaction: strategies and advice
- Data and document recovery
- Disclosure orders
- Regulatory response to data breaches
- Reputation management
- Negotiated resolutions
- Police liaison
- Private criminal prosecutions
- Professional negligence claims
- Search & seizure orders
Our Core Team
Please click here to see the core members of the team