EMPLOYMENT AND PENSIONS
We can handle the full range of pensions issues and focus on explaining complex pensions matters in a clear and easy to understand way. Our clients include pension scheme trustees, national and local businesses, high profile charities, local authorities and other law firms. We are experienced in advising across key sectors including pension providers in the financial services sector in relation to the new pensions freedoms introduced in April this year.
We offer bespoke specialist pensions advice and work closely with a wide range of other pensions professionals, including pension scheme actuaries and benefit consultants.
Coupled with our experience of advising employers and trustees of final salary schemes seeking to navigate their way through complicated regulatory and legislative requirements of scheme funding, we are also increasingly advising employers, trustees and providers on wider areas of pension governance. We focus on the current policy for defined contribution schemes and the future landscape of pensions. In the current economic climate, as public sector organisations are subject to greater financial constraints, we are frequently advising them of their pension obligations in outsourcing arrangements across all public sector schemes. Similarly, we act for a number of clients taking on public sector employees. We can advise them of the risks from a pensions perspective as well as guide them through the brave new world of public sector pension schemes.
Our expertise includes:
- Advising on public sector pension schemes (including public sector outsourcing)
- Amending scheme rules to provide for the new pension freedoms
- Advising on all pension changes requiring consultation including closure of final salary pension schemes
- Implementing a pension scheme merger, implementing security to reduce the Pension Protection Fund levy
- Pensions issues on sales and acquisitions and negotiating with the Pensions Regulator
- Pension disputes and complaints to the Pension Ombudsman
- Scheme document drafting and consolidation exercises
- Advising employers on automatic enrolment obligations.
With years of practical and commercial experience in national firms we combine our technical knowledge with the ability to explain pensions in a clear and cost-effective way.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
Foot Anstey has ‘expert knowledge’ on all aspects of pension law. Legal 500 2017
"They steer us very competently through the finer details. I would recommend them to anyone." Chambers 2015
"Members are very clear, proactive and provide timely advice with a personable touch." Chambers 2014
"Foot Anstey's work is consistently strong." Chambers 2014