employment and pensions
Clients often require foreign nationals to work in the UK, but can find immigration processes difficult to manage. Non-compliance can result in expensive sanctions and even reputational damage. Our advice is tailored for businesses and our team can advise on the ever changing legislation and offer support on putting in place long-term solutions.
Our employment specialists can advise on the legal requirements to ensure full compliance with immigration law, successfully helping businesses fulfil their requirements to bring specialist staff to the UK. They can also assist overseas companies looking to start up branches in the UK or to transfer employees to the UK. The team regularly train managers and HR teams on the latest immigration rules and have experience in co-ordinating immigration audits.
Our expertise include:
- Sponsorship licenses for specialist or temporary workers – Tier 2 and Tier 5
- Understanding what activities business visitors to the UK are permitted to do
- A comprehensive document checking service to support visa applications
- Visa applications
- Applications for extension of stay and settlement
- Advising on immigration issues to be aware of on setting up business in the UK
- Dealing with migrants after a takeover or merger
- Assisting with large scale audits in the workplace to combat illegal working and any subsequent disciplinary issues
- Applications for reconsideration of negative decisions and dealing with workplace raids, the associated PR issues and strategies
- Best practice training and legal updates for recruitment managers and HR