Our specialist team advises private individuals, trustees and charities across the full range of contentious issues that can arise out of an estate or trust. We draw on our extensive experience to offer practical and creative solutions in this complex area of law. Disputes of this nature can be especially sensitive and we work with you to find the most effective means of resolving your issue, whether by alternative dispute resolution or, in some cases, by referral to the court.
Our team is one of the largest in the South West with four solicitors practicing exclusively in this area of law. We are all members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS), the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Institute of Legacy Management (ILM).
Our key expertise includes:
- Will construction disputes and rectification
- Challenges to the validity of a will or trust document
- Claims against personal representatives and trustees relating to their performance and applications for their removal and replacement
- Claims against estates and trusts by third parties
- Claims for financial provision from an estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Actions in relation to lifetime transactions on the basis that they are void for lack of capacity, undue influence or fraud
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Variation and rectification of trusts
- Professional negligence claims relating to estates and trusts
We work closely with members of our private wealth, mental capacity, property litigation, agriculture and real estate teams to provide a seamless service and ensure that you have access to the appropriate expert to advise you in relation to your case.
We can provide you with detailed advice on the funding options available to you at the outset and during the course of your matter.
What our Clients Say About Us
A team of "skilled and intelligent lawyers in this area". Legal 500 2019
Meet the Team
Please click here to meet the team.