WHY DO YOU NEED REPUTATION MANAGEMENT?
Your brand and reputation is one of your most important assets and needs to be protected. The reputational damage of a mismanaged crisis can have a greater financial impact for a company than the incident itself. On the other hand there are also plenty of examples of companies who have proactively managed crises well and turned them into a positive brand-building experience. No two reputation problems are ever the same. When a crisis strikes, acting quickly is essential. Planning in advance can help minimise the risk, mitigate any damage that could occur and ensure you are ready to activate your plans immediately if the worst should happen. Foot Anstey’s reputation management specialists can help you proactively consider the issues and risks affecting your business, put plans in place to address or mitigate these risks, and will act quickly to protect you if a crisis occurs.
HOW CAN FOOT ANSTEY HELP YOU?
- Pre-emptive crisis management planning
- Reactive crisis management
- 24/7 service
- Use our experience, sector market knowledge and awareness of regulatory changes to help you identify legal, regulatory and reputational risks to your business
- Provide a ‘reputation management’ audit – ensuring your practices, policies and frameworks are fit for purpose and cover all legal considerations
- Crisis management planning
- Assist you with best practice to meet your needs
- Proactively ensuring your IP and trademarks are protected
- Deliver a fast response to incidents including removing or blocking content online
- Provide access to and work with our network of PR, cyber and forensic experts to create an efficient joined-up approach
HOW CAN THE LAW HELP YOU IN A CRISIS SITUATION?
Working alongside communications and forensics experts, the law allows us to:
- Block defamatory and false allegations about you/your brand
- Protect your confidential information
- Take down and respond to online attacks against your brand and your staff
- Protect your brand and your staff from blackmail and harassment
- Prevent or stop competing brands from infringing your intellectual property
- Protect your company in the event of fraud
Our advisors help you avoid legal entanglements by:
- Identifying the risks facing your business and reviewing our current practices and frameworks to minimise the risks to your business
- Ensuring your advertising stays within regulatory and legal guidelines
- Ensuring your business appropriately manages data protection and GDPR risk
- Assisting you with protecting your key brands through strategic trade mark registrations
But if a mistake has happened we can help you:
- Take steps to remedy a breach
- Resolve complaints and litigation brought against the company
MEET THE TEAM
Our specialist team of experts have wide ranging experience in this field. We also have access to an extended network of specialists that we work closely alongside, including media relations specialists and PR agencies, forensics, and criminal lawyers. Click here to find your reputation management contact.
- Acting for the First Defendant in Chambers v DCR, complex proceedings for breach of confidence in high profile 'revenge porn' case
- Obtaining damages for our client, a private individual, in a defamation action against their former employer
- Advising a private individual facing threats of blackmail by another individual, liaising with criminal solicitors and advising on injunctive proceedings
- Advising multiple corporate clients on data breaches and subsequent reputational fallout, working closely with data protection colleagues handling the regulatory notifications
- Obtaining decisions from the ICO requiring search engines Google and Bing to block irrelevant content under the 'right to be forgotten'
- Acting in 'passing off' proceedings against a competitor business seeking to use our client's intellectual property, successfully obtaining undertakings not to infringe our client's rights
- Obtaining an apology and financial settlement for our client, an MP, following the publication of defamatory allegations
Download our reputation management brochure.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
"They went above and beyond… dealing with everything swiftly and sensitively." Client, 2018
"They’re excellent - they always provide advice quickly, always meet deadlines, understand the level of risk we want to operate at and advise us accordingly." Chambers 2018