Franchising Examples of Work
- In depth experience working with all aspects of transport industry franchises principally in the rail sector for major rail operators.
- Setting up, tendering and commissioning a passenger ferry operator's franchise of the King Harry Ferry.
- Design Build Fund and Operate (DBFO) experience for a luxury hotel operator.
- Advising the Helston Garages Group which currently operates 37 franchised motor retail dealerships. Our corporate team acted on the purchase of Grange Jaguar, while our Real Estate team acted on the purchase of development land at Matford Green where a combined Land Rover Jaguar dealership will be located in line with the franchisors requirements.
- Advising Vospers which operate 16 franchised motor retail dealerships on the acquisition of a 9.5 acres site on Matford Green Business Park in Exeter for a multi-million pound motor park development. The acquisition will enable Vospers to relocate several franchises onto a single site as well as meeting the demanding dealership standards for a new 'Ford Store'.
- Acting for a franchisee estate agent business in relation to a dispute involving the alleged termination of a franchise agreement. We advised for several months on the obligations owed by each party (including obligations relating to the reputation of the franchisor) and the effect a disagreement between the franchisee and franchisor would have on their business prospects in the future. In helping our client to reach a commercial settlement, we advised on issues including the allocation of assets, a managed wind-down of the relationship and the definition of the parties' respective business rights within the applicable territory.