examples of work
- Advising court-appointed receivers on the formation of the order to appoint them, and on all aspects of its implementation, in relation to the receivership of a Central London property portfolio, following a protracted partnership dispute
- Advising bank-appointed receivers in relation to high value London offices, with multiple commercial occupiers, including dealings with the outgoing borrower
- Acting for building society- appointed receivers in successfully resisting an application for an injunction to prevent their disposal of a portfolio of flats at auction
- Advising receivers upon a complex agricultural appointment, seeking practical solutions to contentious matters arising from both titles and occupiers
- Advising receivers upon a complex healthcare centre appointment, after a disclaimed freehold had passed by escheat to the Duchy of Lancaster, and with a variety of related business occupiers. Our role included the grant of a new lease to the formerly bankrupt borrower, and the re-arranging of the other rights of occupation, prior to the disposal of the freehold by the receivers.
- Advising receivers on a contentious appointment over a licensed HMO with multiple underlying disputes, including advice on obtaining possession from persons unknown.
- Advising receivers upon an investment portfolio appointment by a building society, following apparent fraud by the borrower and after the lender's consolidation of multiple loans. Our role included advising on two freehold flats and also the need to obtain prior consent from the NCA
- Advising receivers upon a mixed commercial and residential portfolio appointment, involving a borrower who was both deceased and bankrupt. Our role included advice on securing possession and on dealing with rights of pre-emption to qualifying leaseholders when selling freeholds
- Advising receivers appointed by a bank over a mixed use commercial premises, involving the apparent tipping of chattels at the property by persons unknown, the ability to receive rent for advertisement hoardings affixed to part of the building, and issues relating to the overhanging of the advertisement hoardings on adjoining property in the possession of a third party
- Advising receivers in relation to appointments by a bank over leasehold properties subject to a restraint order, following the criminal conviction of the corporate borrower's principal director and shareholder, including applying to the criminal court for a variation of the terms of the restraint order, and dealing with the consequences of the dissolution of the corporate borrower