A malicious attack on your personal or professional standing can strike out of nowhere, with devastating results. False accusations can spread like wildfire – especially through internet leaks and social media.
Lives can be wrecked, businesses ruined. And the reputation you’ve spent a lifetime building up can easily come crashing down. Your response must be swift, decisive, convincing and – above all - expertly advised.
Your best protection is to be pro-active
Don’t wait for the worst to happen. By then, it may be too late. We can help you put systems in place now to give your charity a safeguarding shield. This will help you to be more alert to potential threats, and give you clear lines of communication should you need to defend your charity’s reputation.
With over 25 years’ experience in the complex field of reputational management, our highly specialised team can help a charity navigate complex issues such as:
- Communication with supporters/funders
- Legal considerations for press releases
- Online reputation management
- Management of adverse publicity
- Removal of defamatory comments
- Libel, breach of privacy, breach of Data Protection Act
- Misuse of computers and confidential information
- All legal aspects of online harassment
- Liaising with police and obtaining injunctions
Meeting the challenge with teamwork and technology
You will benefit from a dedicated team of legal specialists who understand how social media and other platforms can be abused – and how to fight back. We also work hand in hand with technical experts who can identify and track down offenders. Together, we can protect your hard-won reputation and manage any crisis.
Our recent work includes:
- Advised a healthcare provider in relation to a potential investigative documentary, which was likely to misrepresent our client's position.
- Advised a healthcare provider in relation to the closure of a care facility and associated reputational issues.
"Tony Jaffa is constantly looking for ways in which he can make us better equipped to avoid problems in the first place" Chambers 2013
"The team is excellent, empathetic, quick and reliable" Legal 500 2011