T: +44 (0)1392 685212
Mark is an associate in our Commercial team specialising in data protection and privacy, technology and advertising-related commercial contracts. He has extensive knowledge of the impact of GDPR.
Mark has particular expertise in compliance and risk management, strategic compliance projects, developing data strategies, data exploitation, international data transfers, marketing practices and strategies and establishing clear and transparent consumer journeys.
Recent business-critical data experience:
- Providing a global retailer with analysis of its marketing consent position and providing input into their ongoing marketing strategy and consumer journeys balancing risk against the value of their marketing relationships.
- Advising a consumer-facing financial services client on the complex data protection issues associated with its extensive network of appointed representatives.
- Supporting a multinational technology manufacturer with detailed international data transfer issues including:
- consumer profiling
- location data
- app development
- Leading a global technology business' GDPR compliance review. This included an 'end to end' project-managed risk review/audit and assisting teams to develop and implement risk mitigation.
- Advising a major media organisation on the negotiation of commercial contracts relating to digital advertising.
- Providing support with responses to data breaches, including notifications to the Information Commissioner's Office and data subjects, working closely with senior stakeholders to minimise the impact of the breach, managing external communications and dealing with complaints and claims from data subjects.
Mark also has experience with a broad spectrum of commercial issues. He leads on the drafting and commercial negotiation of various types of commercial contracts including IT outsourcing arrangements, IT hosting agreements, sub-contracting arrangements, app development agreements, software licensing agreements, media content licensing, the supply of goods and services, framework contracts, appointing international distributors and agents, and general terms and conditions.