T: +44 20 7263 0010
Marc is a partner in the banking team. He is an experienced finance lawyer with a proven track record of working on complex and high value lending transactions in the UK and cross border. He is skilled in all aspects of general finance work (cash-flow lending), real estate finance and development finance, acting for bank lenders, non-bank lenders and borrowers on bilateral and syndicated transactions.
Marc has acted for a wide range of financial institutions including Barclays Bank PLC, Commonwealth Bank of Australia (London branch), HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds Banking Group plc, Macquarie Bank International Limited, Santander UK plc, Wells Fargo as well as broad range of public and private, national and multi-national, corporate clients.
Recent transactions include:
- Acting for a US investment bank providing an equity bridge to support a debt restructuring for a FTSE listed entity
- Acting for a FTSE 100 client with a cross border bank syndicate providing finance for several acquisitions in North America and the Far East
- Acting for a syndicate of UK banks in connection with a strategically important acquisition for a high street retailer
- Acting for a syndicate of UK and US banks in connection with the acquisition and subsequent disposal of a chain of prestigious boutique hotels
- Acting for a UK bank in connection with the financing of a Premier League football club secured against media revenues
Marc is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales. Prior to joining Foot Anstey, Marc practised in the London banking group of a leading international law firm, having trained and qualified at another silver circle law firm.
Marc was included in the Legal Business feature entitled “Rising Stars in Banking” in April 2016.