Talent Development Business Partner (Lawyer Legal Training)
Bristol, Southampton, ExeterApply now
Due to our continuing growth and our people focus we are expanding our Talent Development Team, creating a new legal technical training Business Partner role. You will report to the Executive Director of Talent Development working closely with key business stakeholders including practice group heads, legal training coordinators and knowledge champions to scope, shape and design the firm-wide legal training strategy, and to facilitate the design, development and delivery of substantive and comprehensive legal technical training across our legal teams.
What we need
This is a great opportunity to own, design a facilitate delivery of legal technical training programme across the firm's legal teams, ensuring consistent high quality and value in our legal training activities. We are looking for:
- A highly successful track record both at a strategic and delivery level, ideally with experience of law firms / professional services firms
- The ability to work with key stakeholders to define and communicate our expectations around legal training, working collaboratively with both lawyers and suppliers to design, develop, manage and execute a legal training programme to support technical excellence throughout our legal teams.
- Prior legal market experience is preferred but not essential. The key to success in this role is to have excellent stakeholder management skills, tailoring your approach to different individuals with the ability to deliver strategically aligned and differentiating legal technical curriculums that meet our business and market needs
- An individual who is preferably be a lawyer with a number of years PQE gained in one of our practice areas.
- The ability to work with lawyers and our client development team to identify potential client facing legal training opportunities and support the design and facilitate the delivery of legal programmes to clients.
- The ability to drive cultural change and engagement in a commitment to technical legal excellence, continuous learning, innovation and exceptional client service delivery.
- Support in the annual budget setting process and the ability to manage the legal training budget with legal teams and our finance team.
- An ability to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of legal training programmes and ROI.
- Experience of working with colleagues from early careers through to and including Partners will be highly valuable.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact our Recruitment Team via email in the first instance, and we will come back to you as soon as we can: [email protected]
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance for all lawyers, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy and sell holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.