Talent Development Administrator (L&D)
Are you an administrator in a Learning and Development (training) environment in Bristol? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a progressive forward thinking company where your L and D career progression is taken seriously?
Due to continued success and ambitious growth plans at Foot Anstey, we are looking for an enthusiastic Talent Development / Learning and Development Administrator to join our growing People Delivery team in Bristol on a permanent basis. In this role you will be joining a team of friendly and collaborative People Delivery Administrators and Advisors. This is a varied role where you will work with colleagues across People Delivery to provide admin support to the Talent Development team, including managing learning and development queries and assisting the Talent Development Programmes Advisor. You take pride in delivering a professional and efficient service to internal and external colleagues and clients and are well organised and proactive.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has some prior administrative experience within a learning and development role (ideally within a professional services environment) to join a team and firm who are passionate about realising the ambitions of our employees. At Foot Anstey we are hugely proud of our welcoming and open culture within the team and wider firm, where you will be personally and professionally developed, having regular check-ins to support your continued success. We care enormously about our work and are looking for someone who shares our values to help us deliver the best results to our internal and external stakeholders. We will give you every opportunity to expand and grow your experience, so if a career in Talent Development and HR is what you are looking for, this could the perfect role for you!
What you'll do
- Provide general support to the Talent Development team where required: administration, scheduling events, supporting programme management, updating attendance, reporting, data input, new starter processing
- Monitor the Talent Development inbox to ensure all requests are actioned
- Liaise with external training consultants and suppliers on arrangements in collaboration with the Talent Development team
- Liaise with speakers and delegates as required
- Provide diary support to the Executive Director of Talent Development
- Administer/process and monitor training course bookings, and promote courses accordingly to relevant staff
- Book travel and accommodation as required
What we're looking for:
- Proven admin experience ideally within training / learning and development
- Highly organised, with excellent planning skills, and experience of working to deadlines, juggling workload and priorities
- Experience working with a Learning Management System (an advantage)
- Experience of the full training cycle from 'induction through to continuous development' (an advantage)
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Fully proficient across the Microsoft Office suite including good Excel skills
- Personal accountability and able to demonstrate integrity throughout all work delivered
- Able to review processes and identify areas of improvement/efficiencies
- Able to demonstrate excellent examples of adaptability, initiative, and ownership
- Great team player and able to work effectively in a multi-site business and team environment
Successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes a financial integrity check and a DBS check. If you wish to discuss any issues or questions in connection with this, please do speak in confidence with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team. Contact us at [email protected] and we will come back to you as soon as we can.
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy holiday, and manage your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Talent Development programme and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.