Digital Data & Technology
Bristol, Exeter, Taunton, PlymouthApply now
Foot Anstey is seeking a Solutions Architect as the firm continues to invest, putting great value on digitally enabled legal services and solutions and this role is crucial in realising the value from that investment.
As the Solutions Architect you are responsible for architecting and designing solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements in support of a given initiative and the firm's strategic direction. In the role of Solution Architect, you will drive architectural vision and direction, architect solutions, govern all change, provide advice and guidance, monitor emerging technologies, evaluate and recommend technology.
This position requires an excellent knowledge of business, data and application architecture, design and technology, including integration best practice and how to maintain agility within the overall IT estate. Excellent relationship skills are needed to work with internal and external strategic partners.
What You'll Do:
- Find solutions to business challenges by evaluating emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies
- Contribute to strategic plans for technology, which satisfy the current and ongoing needs of the firm's business strategy, and the current and future capabilities of technology
- Define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs
- Evolve, direct and govern the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology
- Chair solution forums, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries
- Develop the component, integration and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realise them
- Identify necessary non-functional requirements
- Produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure
- Recommend options for the resolution and prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation
What We Need:
- Degree level qualification or relevant demonstrable experience
- Proven experience working as a lead developer and architect
- Proven ability to architect, govern and deliver solutions to meet business needs
- Deep understanding and experience in architecture, including business, data and application domains
- Experience working in a Microsoft development environment, in on-premise and cloud
- Ability to communicate to diverse audiences through different forms, including written, diagrammatic and verbal
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholders and suppliers to deliver technology change
- Ability to work within a team and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to work with an innovative and professional approach and act as a change agent
- Experience of development approaches, practices and tools
- Experience of the legal industry desirable but not essential
Key Technologies We Use:
- 3E (PMS)
- Peppermint (Microsoft 365)
- iManage (DMS)
- High Q (Collaboration)
- Office 365 Suite
- Active Directory and LDAP
- SQL Server
- Niche AI tools
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance for all lawyers, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy and sell holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
Foot Anstey is one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. We believe in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: retail & consumer, financial services, energy, media & entertainment, developers and private wealth.
Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven bases: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
We also have a sister firm – Enable Law, a specialist medical negligence, personal injury and mental capacity practice who support individuals and their families get the answers, care and compensation they need.
Our people are critical to our success. We help our employees achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy. We believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment.
We care about contributing to the communities where we live and work. The Foot Anstey Foundation provides grants to local grassroots organisations. We also partner with a number of business and community organisations.
Our aim is to become our clients’ most trusted advisor, enabling them to achieve their ambitions. But how we do it, is just as important as what we do. Our values guide the way we act, every day. From the way we operate as a business to how we treat our colleagues and clients.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact our Recruitment Team via email in the first instance, and we will come back to you as soon as we can: [email protected]
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.