Senior Power Platform Engineer
Digital Data & Technology
Bristol or Exeter or Taunton or Plymouth- flexibleApply now
Due to our continued success, we're looking for a Senior Power Platform Engineer to join our growing and ambitious Digital Data & Technology (DDAT) team at Foot Anstey. In this role you would support the delivery of platform projects and products by developing high quality solutions and features, acting as Technical Lead to advise on technical capabilities, scoping complex work and signing off technical design requirements. We're looking for a confident developer familiar with all aspects of the engineering lifecycle with expert hands-on experience of working with Power Apps, particularly Portals, Power Automate as well as SharePoint Online knowledge.
Our Digital Data & Technology team at Foot Anstey play a vital part in our client-focussed approach to develop products and solutions to both continuously improve our existing services and deliver innovative new products and services. Directed by our clients' needs, we're always looking to add efficiency and value to the services our expert legal advisors offer and build lasting client relationships by developing bespoke legal matter management solutions. Our delivery team have developed innovative solutions to allow instructions from our clients to be managed online and we now look to expand and welcome diverse and forward-thinking talent into our friendly and collaborative team.
What you'll do:
- Working closely with our Digital Data & Technology PMO and IT Service functions to advise and implement Microsoft Power Platform solutions, assisting the business and its users with wider digital transformation needs and opportunities
- Engaging across the business to understand user and business requirements and application software development needs
- Design, develop and implement no-code/low-code applications and solutions where practical on the Power Platform to support automation, integrations, and data flows solutions for internal and external clients
- Support continuous delivery framework and best practise Agile/Scrum
- Create appropriate technical documentation for ongoing development and support of the applications and solutions, adhering to the business’s requirement for controlled software and configuration management, deployment, and publication of Power Platform solutions
- Establishing pre-emptive testing arrangements, handover criteria and a document/knowledge set for service transition and ongoing support
- Ensuring robust access and information security configuration including Role Based Access Controls for published business applications and solutions
- Ability to leverage efficient data-centric outcomes with both structured and unstructured information
- Champion and support the software development lifecycle of Power Platform solutions
- Be the technical escalation point for engineering team: you will be a Subject Matter Expert for the business’s Power Platform capability
- Leading, mentoring and contributing to the development of Junior Power Platform Developers, a Power Platform Centre of Excellence, establishing and growing an extended & empowered business development community
- Undertake regular audit of platform processes and artefacts and make/execute recommendations for improvement
What we are looking for:
- Microsoft certifications or equivalent. (Essential)
- Extensive experience in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise scale applications and solutions (Essential)
- Experience developing new PowerApps model and canvas driven apps as well as enhancing existing apps, including the use of Dataverse as a data source. (Essential)
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft Power Platform development, e.g. PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI and SharePoint (Essential)
- Understanding PowerApps formulas and development methods. (Essential)
- Automating business processes with Microsoft Power Automate and AI tools. (Essential)
- Ability to create custom connectors for Microsoft Power Platform. (Essential)
- Experience with API or Rest services integrations. (Essential)
- Willing to learn leading edge Microsoft enterprise cloud technologies such as Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. (Essential)
- Providing Power BI reports and dashboards development and support. (Essential)
- Developing Azure logic apps and Azure functions (Desired)
- Experience developing modern applications with SharePoint Online. (Desired)
- Experience using Azure DevOps for project lifecycle management (User Stories, Tasks, build and deployment Pipelines) (Desired)
- Experience working with waterfall and agile projects delivery methodologies (Desired)
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps processes (Desired)
Why Foot Anstey
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.