Senior Accounts Assistant
Due to business growth, we are recruiting for a Senior Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts team. We are looking for someone, preferably with experience within the legal sector or extensive exposure to charity, trust accounting or a treasury function, to assist the team with processing client monies efficiently while ensuring accuracy and compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules at all times.
In this role you would play an important part in ensuring we offer a first-class service to both our internal and external clients in our Accounts team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly team in a dynamic business where the focus is on powering the ambition of not just our clients but also our employees.
What you'll do
- You will be involved a wide variety of tasks including processing client account payments, in the main for our Enable Law entity. You will process daily payments and receipts, lead on bank reconciliations, authorise and process workflow payments runs, account reconciliations and specialised billing within the Enable Law business.
- You will need to be adaptable to support the team when assistance is needed at peak times in the above areas and to recognise the need to support others.
- At all times ensuring compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
What we're looking for
- Strong communication skills and the ability to produce work which is both accurate and of high quality.
- The ability to learn a new accounts system and successfully post financial transactions. We are looking for you to be proactive and organised and able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- You will have good problem solving and analytical skills; be able to process large amounts of information and quickly analyse a complex problem and be able to tackle problems in a logical, step by step way with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of legal cashiering, accounting, bank reconciliations and billing procedures will be essential to fulfil the role. You will need to have some understanding of Solicitors Account Rules
- You must have a flexible approach and the ability to work in a team environment
Why Foot Anstey?
Foot Anstey is one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. We believe in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. We are on an exciting journey to become our clients’ most trusted advisor, enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values of collaboration over convention, championing aspiration, being refreshingly human, embracing entrepreneurial spirit and delivering integrated thinking guide the way we act, every day, from the way we operate as a business to how we treat our colleagues and clients.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Developers, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Private Equity, Private Wealth, Retail & Consumer. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven bases: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are critical to our success. We help our employees achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy. We believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. We are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies. Over 40% of our employees have a permanent flexible working pattern, which is something that we actively encourage. Due to the pandemic, the majority of our employees are currently working on a flexible, remote basis. We anticipate a gradual return to our offices over the upcoming months in line with Government guidance.
The recruitment process
We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for a role. We will acknowledge your application immediately and we will respond within 7 days regardless of outcome. We review applications on a rolling basis and will move to shortlist as soon as possible. Typically we undertake a two interview stage process. Throughout the process you will receive ample information about us and the role.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard in 2018 and to successfully renew this in 2021. That’s why this is right at the heart of our priorities. This goes beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership.
‘Powering your ambition’ is the statement that summarises what we stand for as a firm. It means that we aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you are encouraged to answer the diversity and social mobility monitoring questions. The answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
If you have any questions about the role or your application, please contact Sophie Russell, Recruitment Administrator at [email protected]
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.