Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your admin career in a seriously ambitious Law firm?
Our Records Administrators at Foot Anstey play a very important role in ensuring we have the right information/records at the right time – a highly regarded role in our business! As a Records Administrator with us at Foot Anstey in Plymouth you will support the Records Manager by providing an efficient and effective service assisting with the storage, retrieval, and safekeeping of legal records, and assist the legal teams with queries as and when requested. This is a key and highly valued role in our firm where you will be supported by a friendly and welcoming team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with administration experience, and who has perhaps also worked in retail or hospitality as there is a requirement to move and lift boxes and use ladders and trolleys in a warehouse environment. You may occasionally be required to travel to other offices to assist with RM duties, for which a vehicle is provided. If you enjoy an active role where you are kept busy all day working with a friendly team, then this could be the position for you.
What you’ll do
- Deal with internal and external requests for documents/records/files following set record management procedures for which training will be given
- Work within the firm’s Health & Safety guidelines to ensure/maintain a safe working environment
- Locate records using the Foot Anstey database
- Arrange delivery of items to internal clients/employees, and package for further storage
- Work at the remote storage facility on a rota basis to deposit and retrieve documents which have been requested
- Create/amend database records to show the relevant information in relation to items such as Wills and deeds, and assign storage numbers (for which training will be provided)
- General administration tasks
What we’re looking for
- A full clean driver’s licence (essential)
- Administration experience
- Ability to cope with some repetitive work and to follow set procedures
- Ability to work part of the week in a warehouse environment (this will involve some lifting of boxes and climbing ladders)
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and deal with a variety of tasks
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a busy environment
- Confident IT skills and experience using of MS Office and Windows software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience and interest in working as part of a friendly, collaborative team
- Ability to work 36.25 hours per week with start times of 8am or 9am (on a rota basis)
Successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes a financial integrity check and a DBS check. If you wish to discuss any issues or questions in connection with this, please do speak in confidence with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team – contact us at [email protected] and we will come back to you as soon as we can.
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, 28 days annual leave, and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy holiday and manage your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK’s fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients’ goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we’ve grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients’ needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton, and London.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Talent Development programme and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.