Change & Innovation
Plymouth, Bristol, Exeter, SouthamptonApply now
Foot Anstey has enjoyed significant success in recent years in developing its client portfolio. To grow and maintain these relationships the firm has invested heavily into a change and efficiency agenda to drive better engagement, innovation and improve the user and client experience.
This role presents opportunities to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the business, learn and understand their business challenges and to help solve them. The role brings daily challenges and responsibilities aimed identifying how we deliver legal services and how this can be improved through people, process re-design or technology development and implementation.
An understanding of client needs in relation to the performance of the business and the provision of competitive commercial solutions is an everyday task in this job, as is a high level of business intelligence and technical skills.
Strong communication and influencing skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non-tech based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams. Task analysis and evaluation of surveys and workshop results are other everyday tasks.
The position sits within our Change and Innovation team and will report to the Executive Director of Change Portfolio and will work closely with members of the PMO, the Digital Data and Technology Team, Legal Teams and support teams.
Working for Foot Anstey you will be part of a successful and supportive environment. We have fully embraced both flexible and agile working. We are output focused; we do not tie you to a desk. You will receive a clear framework to ensure your career flourishes, but you will also be able to strike a perfect work/life balance through benefits such as our weekly lifestyle hours.
What you'll do
- Pre-delivery engagement – understanding at an operational level the impact of proposed strategic changes and ensuring relevant factors are captured within project / SOW
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile/scrum/waterfall project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Project manage and facilitate the delivery of solutions from ideation to adoption and:
- Follow the appropriate governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Include change management plans within your delivery plan working closely with our Change and Adoption team and the end users.
- Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
- Work with end users and supporting teams across the business to determine and document requirements to support the development of the system.
- Budget management – Has remit to manage budget associated to project delivery aligning with our established processes.
- PMO reporting – Report progress and issues to our PMO function.
- Ensure all projects are delivered to an appropriate level of quality
- Continuous improvement – Oversee continuous improvement changes for delivered system changes.
What we need
This will be a challenging role, working to tight deadlines to support a busy change and transformation programme. In order to be successful you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Successful track record of deploying efficiency solutions / project / IT systems / technical solutions to fast growing organisations. A minimum of 5 years would be desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the requirement to work with end users, other business units and third parties to provide solutions.
- Strong project management skills with suitable qualifications such as Agile, PRINCE 2 or iTIL. Member of registered bodies including APM would be an advantage.
- Strong change management skills with suitable qualification such as ADKAR or Kotter methodologies highly desirable.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support the best practice use of the firms systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Previous experience in law would be an advantage, but is not vital.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work from different offices across the South West.
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance for all lawyers, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy and sell holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact our Recruitment Team via email in the first instance, and we will come back to you as soon as we can: [email protected]
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.