Change & Innovation
Plymouth, Bristol, Exeter, SouthamptonApply now
Foot Anstey has enjoyed significant success in recent years in developing its client portfolio. To grow and maintain these relationships the firm has invested heavily into a change and innovation agenda to drive better engagement, performance and improve the user and client experience. This presents us with opportunities to learn and understand their business challenges and to help solve them and gives you the opportunity to become our new skilled PMO coordinator, supporting our growing PMO team and our ambitious change and innovation agenda. With the ability to work on a hybrid basis as our new PMO Coordinator, you could be living near to any of our offices located in the Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth or Southampton locations.
Putting your strong communication skills into practice is a crucial requirement in your new position as the PMO Coordinator as you will be communicating with stakeholders at all levels of the business and you will need to have the ability to be robust when working with Project Managers to ensure deliverables and outcomes are met. It goes without saying that you will be able to flex your exceptional organisational skills as they are a must for this position, as well as a basic understanding of budget management.
As our new PMO Coordinator, you will be reporting to the Executive Director of Change Portfolio, and will work closely with the wider Change and Innovation Team as well as internal stakeholders at all levels.
Working for Foot Anstey you will be part of a successful and supportive environment. We have fully u embraced both flexible and agile working. We are output focused; we do not tie you to a desk. You will receive a clear framework to ensure your career flourishes, but you will also be able to strike a perfect work/life balance through benefits such as our weekly lifestyle hours.
What you'll do
- Support with the organisation and coordination of the firms Change Portfolio.
- Manage and control the portfolio budget, working with Project Managers to ensure that approved costs are in line with forecasts and approved budget and acting as the liaison point for our finance team.
- Collect project reports from project managers in a timely manner and collate into a summary portfolio view for the Executive Director of Change Portfolio.
- Monitor project status and project risks and escalate where appropriate.
- Support projects with administrative tasks such as arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Support with the completion and quality of appropriate project documentation (such as an outline or detailed business case)
- Align with our Digital, Data and Technology Team on change being delivered outside of the PMO to ensure the portfolio is balanced and where appropriate ensure change is effectively managed.
- Represent PMO on the internal Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Help the business navigate our governance process.
What we need
We are looking for a highly motivated and robust individual with good interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills. In order to be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own work, ability to facilitate others to deliver, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of having operated in a pressurised environment
- Proven successful experience in a project or programme coordination role.
- Good or a working knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques including Agile, Scrum, Prince2 or ITIL
- Experience of managing project budgets
- Ability to manage and analyse project data
- Excellent IT skills – including MS Office applications.
- Concern for detail to ensure the accuracy of information
- Previous experience in law would be an advantage but is not vital.
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy and sell holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes a financial integrity check and a DBS check. If you wish to discuss any issues or questions in connection with this or would like to discuss this role, please do speak in confidence with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team. Contact us at [email protected] and we will come back to you as soon as we can.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you. You can find out more about what it's like to work at Foot Anstey here : Careers | Foot Anstey
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.