Senior Paralegal – Private Wealth
UK Tax, Wealth Planning & Succession
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Paralegal in Southampton to join our Succession and Tax team who deal with matters relating to wills, trusts, powers of attorney and the administration of estates of people who have died. This is a great opportunity to build experience working collaboratively in a team of solicitors, tax advisors, paralegals and legal support staff to assist with all areas, assuming responsibility for the progression of cases from introduction to conclusion. There is also opportunity to assist with the organisation of running events as the team is actively involved in growing within the local area.
At Foot Anstey, our people, like our values, are at the very heart of our business. You will be working in an agile and non-hierarchical environment, being a central member of the team delivering solutions focused work for our clients. With a huge technology agenda on the horizon for the Foot Anstey group, you will be exposed to new and creative ways of working which will enhance not only your IT ability but allow for a more client focused approach.
What you'll do
- Assume full responsibility for simple probate files and some more complex matters under supervision
- Assist with the preparation of trust accounts and compliance with current regulations
- Liaise with third parties and clients as appropriate, to assist with the drafting of documents and timely management of files
- To assist with and deal with the financial and compliance matters of the files
- Meeting targets of a non-financial nature such as those relating to turnaround, quality and accuracy, as well as the networking and business development targets
- To ensure appropriate and quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
- Assist senior lawyers on more complex matters
What we're looking for
- An interest in working with numbers and strong mathematical competency (strong maths GCSE as a minimum)
- Excellent clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills together with great attention to detail, including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- An ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas is essential
- Excellent IT skills with an in-depth understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful
- Good organisational skills with the ability and desire to work within a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Someone who is methodical and accurate with an extremely high level of attention to detail, content and presentation of work
Want to know more?
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact the Recruitment Team at [email protected] or click to apply and one of the team will be in touch very soon.
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with market leading family friendly policies, including a fertility support package, health cash plan, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy holiday, and manage your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.