Due to our continued success and ambitious growth plans at Foot Anstey, we are looking for an Executive Assistant to join the Professional Support team in our Southampton office. You will be joining a developing and dynamic team and providing a high quality Executive Assistant service to the Senior Directors as well as working alongside the Executive Assistant to the Managing Partner.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has prior experience in a demanding Executive Assistant/PA role. Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills are key in this role as well as superb interpersonal and communication skills.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance. Benefits available to you include a Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis.
What you'll do
- Undertake Executive Assistant/PA duties to the Senior Directors and the Managing Partner (as needed), which includes diary management.
- Support the Executive Assistant to the Managing Partner, with the coordination of key business projects and workload.
- Provide a diary management service for the Management Board on Board matters, the Group HR Director and other members of the senior management team, as needed, in a busy and demanding environment, where appointments are subject to constant change.
- Plan and coordinate business travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Plan and organise corporate entertainment.
- Organise and schedule Board and Director related meetings, calls, to include the annual Partner conference and events.
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentations as required by the Management Team.
- Manage all calls, correspondence, and e-mails, exercising initiative in drafting responses to or redirecting issues, where possible.
- Use initiative and experience to identify issues which need immediate attention, manage conflicting priorities, and alert any relevant manager to an emerging issue where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team as a whole, recognising when colleagues are faced with a problem and being proactive in offering assistance.
What we're looking for
- A proven track record of providing high quality Executive Assistant and administrative support.
- Experience of supporting a Management Board or Senior Management member/team.
- An ability to interact with and build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Confident prioritisation skills and attention to detail to complete assigned tasks as required.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. Tailored to match the level you're working at, we encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance for all lawyers, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. Employees can also buy holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact our Recruitment Team via email in the first instance, and we will come back to you as soon as we can: [email protected]
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.