Client Solutions Assistant Manager
Digital Data & Technology
Bristol or Exeter or Taunton or PlymouthApply now
We're looking for a Client Solutions Assistant Manager to join our growing Digital Data & Technology team at Foot Anstey. This is an exciting new role in which you will work with our Client Solutions Manager to support our legal teams in a client facing role to scope and develop appropriate client solutions in line with our business strategy. Working closely with the Team Leaders, Sector Leaders, Digital Data and Technology team, and our Client Development team, this role is at the heart of driving key client digital innovation.
Our Digital Data & Technology team at Foot Anstey play a vital part in our client-focussed approach to develop products and solutions to both continuously improve our existing services and deliver innovative new products and services. Directed by our clients' needs, we're always looking to add efficiency and value to the services our expert legal advisors offer and build lasting client relationships. In this role you will focus on delivering client collaboration solutions in a sustainable way and develop skills within our technology stack to be able to prototype and / or demonstrate existing and new solutions.
What you'll do
- Support our Client Solutions Manager to engage with relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities and respond to client digital solution demand.
- Gather requirements and establish the design of client solutions.
- Prototype client solutions based on requirements.
- Work with our Client Solutions Manager and Delivery Manager to ensure opportunities are scored, prioritised and tasks associated with delivery are captured on the delivery backlog.
- Produce drafts of all required documentation supporting the solution.
- Lead on product “show and tells” with clients/legal teams and feedback findings, wants and requirements.
- Support our Client Solutions Manager in innovation sessions with clients and internal stakeholders designed to carry out early ideation, Proof Of Concept modelling and ensure smooth hand over/alignment into programme for design and delivery.
What we're looking for
- Thrive on working with technology to improve user and client experiences
- Have a “can do attitude” and are able to work calmly under pressure and to firm deadlines.
- Effective at managing priorities, setting realistic goals for yourself and the broader team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Have collaborative approach to team working and building networks.
- Ability to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions.
- Knowledge, experience and a background within the digital solutions and legal is desirable
- Experience of working with legal tech particularly HighQ and ContractExpress is desirable
Why Foot Anstey?
Foot Anstey is one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. We believe in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. We are on an exciting journey to become our clients’ most trusted advisor, enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values of collaboration over convention, championing aspiration, being refreshingly human, embracing entrepreneurial spirit and delivering integrated thinking guide the way we act, every day, from the way we operate as a business to how we treat our colleagues and clients.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Developers, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Private Equity, Private Wealth, Retail & Consumer. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven bases: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are critical to our success. We help our employees achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy. We believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. We are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies. Over 40% of our employees have a permanent flexible working pattern, which is something that we actively encourage. Due to the pandemic, the majority of our employees are currently working on a flexible, remote basis. We anticipate a gradual return to our offices over the upcoming months in line with Government guidance.
The recruitment process
We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for a role. We will acknowledge your application immediately and we will respond within 7 days regardless of outcome. We review applications on a rolling basis and will move to shortlist as soon as possible. Typically we undertake a two interview stage process. Throughout the process you will receive ample information about us and the role.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard in 2018 and to successfully renew this in 2021. That’s why this is right at the heart of our priorities. This goes beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership.
‘Powering your ambition’ is the statement that summarises what we stand for as a firm. It means that we aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you are encouraged to answer the diversity and social mobility monitoring questions. The answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
If you have any questions about the role or your application, please contact Sophie Russell, Recruitment Advisor at [email protected]
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.