Business Development Manager (Private Equity and Islamic Finance)
Bristol or ExeterApply now
To support our continued growth we are looking for a Business Development Manager on a 9-12 month fixed-term basis to help us to continue to deliver our strategic growth plans. This is an exciting new role to work alongside Financial Services Sector lead, Matt Stoate, primarily focussing on Islamic Finance and Private Equity. Reporting to the Head of Client Programmes and working collaboratively with other professionals within the team, you will be responsible for driving revenue through focused BD activities. You will look to develop deeper relationships with existing clients and help identify opportunities with new clients that fit within the firm's strategy.
What you will do
Your core responsibilities will be as follows:
- Sector planning – to include driving and supporting planned activity and working with the Comms team to deliver (e.g. campaigns)
- Creating capability statements (in conjunction with partners and lawyer teams) for new opportunities within the sector
- Developing and maintaining target lists including financial analysis to identify gaps and potential pursuits
- Client planning for sector key and focus accounts and ongoing management of those plans
- Working with sector lead to drive internal collaboration across service lines and ensuring regular communications (e.g. across identified core and wider sector teams)
- Tracking and reporting on sector objectives (e.g. for the Management Board)
Activities to support your core responsibilities will include:
- Working with and supporting the Business Group and Real Estate Group in identification of products and services to take to market through the sector route
- Providing strategic focus in helping to identify and create opportunities that help create profitable and long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Working collaboratively with other Business Development and Marketing professionals on the broader strategic plans to develop cross sector opportunities
- Project management of specific initiatives as directed by the Head of Client Programmes and the Business Development Director.
What we're looking for
This will be a challenging and demanding role, working to tight deadlines and supporting highly valued clients. In order to be successful you will demonstrate the following:
Proven track record in business development through a sector approach
Ability to continuously improve our process, driving efficiencies and creating new approaches which meet our and our clients' commercial goals.
- Strategic and commercial awareness, someone who understands our competitors and the broader market to ensure you empower our lawyers to have a competitive advantage.
- Tenacity and persuasiveness and excellent problem solving skills
Why Foot Anstey
Foot Anstey is one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. We believe in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. We are on an exciting journey to become our clients’ most trusted advisor, enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values of collaboration over convention, championing aspiration, being refreshingly human, embracing entrepreneurial spirit and delivering integrated thinking guide the way we act, every day, from the way we operate as a business to how we treat our colleagues and clients.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Retail & Consumer, Financial Services, Energy & Infrastructure, Media & Entertainment, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven bases: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are critical to our success. We help our employees achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy. We believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. We are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies.
The recruitment process
We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for a role. We will acknowledge your application immediately and we will respond within 7 days regardless of outcome. We review applications on a rolling basis and will move to shortlist as soon as possible. Typically we undertake a two interview stage process. Throughout the process you will receive ample information about us and the role.
We were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard (NES) in April 2018 and to successfully renew this in 2021. Promoting diversity and inclusion is one of the cornerstones of our people strategy and we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you are encouraged to answer the diversity and social mobility monitoring questions. The answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
If you have any questions about the role or your application, then please contact our recruitment team [email protected]
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.