Business Development Executive
Are you an ambitious business development professional looking for an opportunity to take your career to new heights with a seriously ambitious leading UK Law firm?
To support our continued growth and enable us to perform to our highest level, we are looking to recruit a Business Development Executive in our Bristol or Exeter office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a collaborative team, supporting the firm’s business development activities aimed at identifying, targeting, and capturing new business opportunities thus strengthening our client relationships within key sectors and markets.
Reporting to the Head of Client Programmes you will support and work closely with members of our Business Development (BD) team along with other professionals within the wider Client Development team.
What you will do
Business Development support activities will be varied and include:
- Supporting Business Development Managers in planning and executing sector business development plans, including support on client and campaign development.
- External and Internal communications – working with Business Development Managers and members of our Marketing Communications team to generate content and share through our internal and external communications channels.
- Company/Sector research requests – collating company-related research to support planning and drive sector strategies and individual sales opportunities.
- Assist with external profiling activities and planned sector campaign activities including identifying opportunities and targets, maintaining mailing lists and helping with content development.
- Events – ad hoc event support and help with researching and tracking sector and industry events.
- CRM – working with the CRM Manager and Client Development team to support related CRM activity, including liaising with fee earners and the team to make sure marketing lists are updated etc.
- Legal directory submissions – supporting on legal directory submissions, including co-ordinating input from key stakeholders, supporting interview preparations, and capturing case studies for broader usage.
- Reports – assisting with routine and ad-hoc reporting activities and associated data analysis.
What we’re looking for
This will be a varied and demanding role working with multiple business development teams and fee earners to help support our business development activities. To be successful, you will demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a business development or marketing role.
- Professional services experience (preferable).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritise and use own initiative to manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, and Excel capabilities.
If you are looking for a forward-thinking firm with the ambition to succeed, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes a financial integrity check and a DBS check. If you wish to discuss any issues or questions in connection with this, please do speak in confidence with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Eligibility to work in the UK
Eligibility to work in the UK will be verified in the final stages of the selection process. All candidates must be able to prove their right to work in the UK, which may include meeting the Home office criteria for Visa sponsorship. Candidates who require sponsorship should evaluate the Home Office eligibility criteria for a Skilled Worker visa before applying and keep up to date with any legal developments.
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. Tailored to match the level you’re working at, we encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, 28 days annual leave, a day off for your birthday, and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. Employees can also buy holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK’s fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients’ goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we’ve grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients’ needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton, and London.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role, you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.