Change & Innovation
Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, SouthamptonApply now
Foot Anstey has enjoyed significant success in recent years in developing its client portfolio. To grow and maintain these relationships the firm has invested heavily into a technology and efficiency agenda to drive better engagement, innovation and improve the user and client experience.
This presents opportunities to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the business, learn and understand their business challenges and to help solve them. The role brings daily challenges and responsibilities aimed identifying how we deliver legal services and how this can be improved through process re-design, technology development and implementation.
An understanding of client needs in relation to the performance of the business and the provision of competitive commercial solutions is an everyday task in this job, as is a high level of business intelligence and technical skills.
Strong communications skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non tech-based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams. Task analysis and evaluation of surveys and workshop results are other everyday tasks.
The position sits within our Change and Innovation Team and will report to the Executive Director of Change Portfolio and will work closely with members of the PMO, the Digital Data and Technology Team, Legal Teams and support teams.
Working for Foot Anstey you will be part of a successful and supportive environment. We have fully embraced both flexible and agile working. We are output focused; we do not tie you to a desk. You will receive a clear framework to ensure your career flourishes, but you will also be able to strike a perfect work/life balance through benefits such as our weekly lifestyle hours.
What you'll do
As a Business Analyst you will work with product owners, scrum master, IT Architects, subject matter experts and users from a range of teams, supporting people to review and define user journeys and build business capabilities and processes with a strong steer for process improvements.
In this role you will:
- Conduct requirements elicitation and analysis, identify stakeholders and facilitate discussions or workshops with the purpose of eliciting and understanding the stakeholders needs, requirements and priorities.
- Analyse and document the AS IS and TO BE processes to support our technology architecture and support efficient business processes.
- Write user stories and supporting artifacts including reviewing with stakeholders and product owners.
- Prioritise user stories with the Product Owner focusing on business value.
- Identify pain points and supporting any quick win pieces of work to improve efficiencies and reduce manual work .
- Identify and close gaps in the acceptance criteria and feed into testing. Bring in designs, processes, and use cases to support acceptance criteria.
- Conduct enterprise and technical impact and gap analysis.
- Define success criteria and measure efficiency gains.
- Document user journey and mapping stories end to end.
- Partner with the PO/Scrum Master in communicating the product vision and making sure it’s understood
- Participate in backlog refinement, grooming and prioritisation ensuring the definition of ready is met
- Participate in meetings/ceremonies to discuss progress on current initiatives, issues to be resolved and prioritise the future development schedule.
- Support functional and non-functional requirements analysis for the procurement of new systems / technology.
- Support the business readiness activities in delivering/releasing change.
- Support sprint planning activities and the architects, developers, testers, UX, Scrum Master through the sprint clarifying any queries, supporting test criteria and working with the Scrum Master to understand any blockers
- Be able to quickly understand how our systems fit together, current integration and proposed integration requirements.
- Understand and define stakeholder needs/styles of communication.
What we need
This will be a challenging role, working to tight deadlines to support a busy change and transformation programme. In order to be successful you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in supporting complex change
- Experience in supporting the procurement of systems in a business analyst role
- Solid experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Solid understanding and application of business analysis methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in Requirements elicitation i.e., User Stories, Epics, acceptance criteria and use cases.
- Experience in understanding stakeholder and/ or user needs, behaviours and challenges.
- Successful track record of deploying efficiency solutions / project / IT systems / technical solutions to fast growing organisations. A minimum of 3 years would be desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the requirement to work with end users, other business units and third parties to provide solutions.
- A background in Business Analysis and/or and understanding of efficiency processing, “lean methodologies”, six sigma or similar is desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Previous experience in law would be an advantage, but is not vital.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work from different offices across the South West.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
Our offer to you
In return for your efforts, you can expect considerable scope for personal as well as professional development. We encourage people to engage with our popular and well supported coaching and mentoring programmes, which connect you to people right across the firm and at every level. We create space for mental and physical wellbeing with our weekly Lifestyle Hour, along with private medical insurance for all lawyers, 28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years. You can also buy and sell holiday, managing your benefits flexibly using our sophisticated portal to configure your total reward offer according to what you value most. As part of this, you can make ongoing or one-off donations to our charitable foundation and access our CSR programme where you can engage with community-based initiatives (as a team, or individually) twice a year, to give something back where you feel it matters.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role, please contact our Recruitment Team via email in the first instance, and we will come back to you as soon as we can: [email protected]
Why Foot Anstey?
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.