3rd Line Technical Engineer
Digital Data & Technology
Exeter or PlymouthApply now
At Foot Anstey we are looking for a new 3rd Line Technical Engineer to join our growing Digital Data & Technology team where you will be based out of our Plymouth or Exeter office. In this role you will work closely with all parts of the Technology function but specifically our Service Desk, Service Managers and our Solutions Architect. The focus of this new role is to increase capacity and capability within our technical support function, providing highly skilled advice on a range of existing in-use technologies and emerging solutions.
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to have a varied workload covering technology from many different areas, who is a natural problem solver and enjoys exploring new solutions and technology that improves efficiencies and productivity. You will be working in a small friendly team and will have the freedom to manage your own workload within a structured roadmap of change and business as usual activities. For this role, support and development of technical processes in relation to cloud technology will be a requirement; you don't need to have a specific technical specialism but we're looking for someone who thrives on learning new things, accepting challenges and working hard to create a great outcome.
This role does not have an on-call element, but flexibility will be important with working hours typically between 0800 and 1800. There may be a requirement for involvement in project work or issue resolution outside of these hours.
What you'll be doing:
- Proactive and reactive problem solving
- Working with 3rd parties to implement technical change including upgrades and new product delivery
- Researching of solutions and providing high level design and recommendations to the management team.
- Reviewing the technical aspects of 3rd party proposals and responding in the best interests of the business
- Continual improvement activities to keep our technology current and supportable
- Produce and maintain documentation within a technical knowledge base
- Technical responsibility for supporting a number of hybrid cloud tools and training others in their use.
- Involvement in planning and invoking planned regular product upgrade roadmaps
- Assisting with projects and ensuring the correct technical handover to the wider team for future support
What we're looking for:
- High level of technology literacy with strong practical experience in a 3rd line application environment.
- Excellent technical understanding of infrastructure networking. Whilst much of this is managed by an external partnership you must be able to talk at a technical level to steer that relationship and solve problems
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Server environments and Office 365 solutions including Azure Active Directory, Intune, SCCM, Teams
- Cyber security awareness and a logical approach to minimising risk within our technical environment.
- Exposure to core legal business applications such as iManage, Intapp Time, Elite 3E advantageous but not essential.
- A high degree of understanding or certification in ITIL, specifically incident, problem and change management and a desire to work to best practice.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of in-depth problem-solving skills and solution-based thinking.
Why Foot Anstey
As one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, Foot Anstey believes in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients’ most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values define the way we act with our clients and one another every day, and because of these we think our culture and environment sets us apart.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Developers and Private Wealth. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from eight locations: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London, as well as a 'hub' base in Oxford.
Our people are central to our success, in every part of the business. We actively support our employees to achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy, and believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. Being forward-thinking, we are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies, with over 40% of our existing employees having a permanent flexible working pattern. In addition, our impressive suite of flexible benefits will enable you to prioritise what matters most to you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is integral to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard for a second time in 2021. We consider this to be right at the heart of our priorities, and goes way beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership. We aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you may be encouraged to answer our diversity and social mobility monitoring questions, so please be reassured that any answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.