The Law Society Diversity and Inclusion Charter
The Firm is a signatory to the Law Society Diversity and Inclusion Charter, a commitment for the legal profession.
The Charter is a public commitment by providers of legal services, regardless of practice size, to develop and implement best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion – as employers, as providers of legal services, as purchasers of goods and services and in their wider roles in society.
Purchasers of legal services are invited to support and promote supplier diversity through adoption of the Protocol on the Procurement of Legal Services.
The signatories to this Charter believe that a commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential to reflect the society we serve today. For us it supports the delivery of diversity and inclusion as a priority driver in our strategy. Accordingly, at Foot Anstey we will:
- Strive to achieve best practice in our recruitment, selection, retention, pay and career progression practices as employers.
- Support the development of good diversity practice by collecting and sharing with other signatories examples of practical activities that contribute to progress.
- Assign responsibility for meeting our Charter commitments to a named, senior level individual.
- Work together to develop and adopt future protocols that support the practical implementation of the aims of this Charter.
- Publish annually the diversity profile of our UK employees and details of our work on equality, diversity and inclusion.